Sunday, July 16, 2017

Paris in July 2017 - Week 3


Here comes Week 3 of Paris in July 2017. I've been having a great time visiting all the posts, and there have been lots! Just like the button I've selected for this week, there have been many different varieties of contributions. From reviews of great classic books & authors (thanks Mel U), to books & documentaries on Van Gogh & his brother Theo.. music & video clips, like the one I'm going to show again here cos I loved it..(thanks Mae)... to visits to french gardens (Jeanie) & museums, & crazy french fashion(thanks Esme).... our love of things Paris & french is broad & deep. Its so special to find a community to share it with.

Mae shared this link last week and I thought I'd post it here in celebration of Paris and le Quatorze Juillet .
 
24 words for Paris 2024 from Cokau Lab on Vimeo.

 Now here's this weeks Mr Linky... its helpful to put the name of your post in the NAME box with your name in brackets, and then the link to your current post in the link box.. There have been some issues with Mr Linky, and if you would prefer not to use it, use my comments section instead.







7 comments:

Tamara said...

While I'm really busy and should be doing an assignment, I thought I'd offer some flashback posts - ones I've prepared earlier! Its lazy but fun. I hope you enjoy week 3!

Mae Travels said...

It was a good week. I'm glad you liked the Paris video -- wish I actually had the skill to do something like that! But I think it was a professional team effort.

My post this week is about one of the Bruno, Chief of Police, series -- police procedurals that take place in "la France Profonde," but always refer to the bosses in Paris. Anyone who loves France will probably become a fan of these books!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Love the Paris video! Thanks for sharing it -- I'm behind in checking links!

This time I'm looking at the French baguette -- and including a recipe (not quite from France but boy, it makes a great substitute and is pretty easy for the average breadmaker!)

How're your tour guys doing? I've been without cable for two weeks and need to watch big time!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm visiting from Jeanie's blog and having SUCH fun! Love all the Paris posts so much that I told another blogging friend about them! Sweet hugs, Diane

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I say, Oui! Oui! Oui! to 24 Words about Paris. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/07/iconic-paris-amazing-flowers.html

Mae Travels said...

"The Madeline Project" is really popular this year. I've now read three reviews of the book linked here and one linked elsewhere. They all quoted the same description and I think all the reviewers said that they received free copies to review, so maybe this book is just being aggressively promoted. Interesting phenomenon!

Mae Travels said...

Now there are five reviews of "The Madeline Project" which include the same description from the publisher! Still more interesting.

mae